This cluster is concerned with protests in the crisis: what do they look and sound like, how to they operate transnationally, and what motivates them? Specific questions include:
- What do street performances as protests against austerity policies look like?
- What do anti-austerity demonstrations in Berlin sound like?
- What is the sound of protest against rent increases, as expressed by the organization Kotti & Co in Berlin Kreuzberg?
- What is the historical explanation for the relative lack of crisis protests in Portugal? Where in Portugal can we hear the active efforts of Indignadxs?
- What is the sound of a bottom-up transnational organization of Europe? How is this sound created collaboratively?
- What did crisis sound like in Berlin in the 1930s and what does it sound like today?